Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ain't one thing, It's two

Took Samhain to the Vet's on Friday... He is sneezing once in a while and rubbed a sore on his nose from sitting in the window & rubbing his nose against the screen. Vet said... he is healthy and caught up on his shots ... he knows because he has been his patient since at the shelter. He says to me that he is very very sad about Salem & he knew that he could not survive much longer after our last visit but did not have the heart to tell me... and he knew I already knew anyway. He said Samhain is lucky that I have him and he will love me.

Being paranoid as I am... I checked all of the health records that I was given with Samhain and they all look good and up to date. Next Shannon & I attack the internet with looking up Feline Illnesses. We find a couple to check out. I call back the Vet's office.. they knew exactly who I am by my voice.. Goddess, I hate that. The vet was not there so I talked to the tech. She said that if Samhain had any illness.. he would have caught it and that I need to stop looking on the internet and believing everything I read. Yet.. I noticed that the vet never checked Samhain for a fever and actually spent more time talking to me. I love this vet yet I have my concerns. He told me once that I need to trust him !!!

Saturday Hocus Pocus developed signs of illness. He was shaking & shivering. We rushed him to an animal hospital... of course all the Vet's are 35-40 miles from here and to find one open on weekends is almost impossible.. so we had to use an emergency hospital. They did all kinds of blood tests,,, IVs and fever reducing treament... he had a very high fever and chills and a runny nose. Sent us home with amoxicillan. Virus ???

Now I am giving Hocus Pocus medicine and he is better and watching Eragon and hoping that Eragon does not get ill. Eragon & Hocus Pocus have never been outside since they were 4 weeks & 6 weeks old. Only outside contact that they have is by sitting in the windows. Samhain was in side but allowed in the outside pen at the shelter yet he was checked out by a Vet and had a clean bill of health. My Vet knows that I have other cats so if Samhain was ill he should have told me but maybe not !!!

My friend in Texas.. she called me and was telling me that her cats have been to the vets & ill. Same thing as I have been dealing with. She uses an Eastern Medicine Vet. Her vet called it Wind Invasion .

I don't know and I hate to keep calling my vet but I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home