Sunday, April 27, 2008

Introducing Samhain





Samhain is a new & very recent member of Salem's Lair. He is 4 years old...a Maine Coon Mix..huge cat. I wanted another black cat... not at all to replace Salem.. because that could never ever be, there is no other. I wanted one similar in looks,,,yet different in many ways. He is true black.. where Salem has brown tones. His fur is not as long and is body build is very different. He seriously does not act like Salem.. so far in all ways. I am sure he will improve in his nature as time goes by. Right now he is a little shy and this place is new to him.
I picked Samhain out of about 75 cats that live at a sorta cat shelter. The place where I got him is very special & awesome. The lady has a beautiful house and all the cats & kittens are free roaming inside and there is a exercise fenced area with doggie doors... where they are allowed outside. All cats are neutered , have their shots and all given well checkups by a Vet. It is a truly awesome place. I had many many cats to pick from but only 2 adult male black cats. I saw so many others that are beautiful and very loving. I am going to be helping out, making donations and saving cans to help support this place.
Eragon wants to rule the Lair and so far he is. Hocus Pocus is a very laid back kitty and a sweet boy. Samhain holds his own and because of his size and loud growl.. the others back off of him. There has been no physical battles yet and I don't feel that there will be. Eragon & HP are very spoiled.. Hopefully Samhain will be too. My apartment is covered with cat toys, large baskets, & puffs. They rule & I just live here.
We picked up my loves ashes on Friday night. We had to go 40 miles from here. Salem had a Private Cremation and it took just about 2 weeks. Now I have my boy back here with me. Now I have to order his Bastet Urn for him. The people were so good and caring where we took him and that really helped.
This is my weekend to work. Yesterday was not too bad and time passed by more rapidly for me. I like my job and the money does help out. I could not have paid my taxes and taken care of Salem without it. I still get to yard sale before I go to work. Y and I managed to go yesterday morn. I found a few things to add to my apartment. My place is decorated in cats & I found some more items to add. I am still searching for Egyptian Art. My main theme is Bastet.
That is all !!

1 Comments:

Blogger Draven said...

He is such a beautiful cat... So are the other boys... HUGS

10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home