Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Second Hobby


Of course my first choice hobby is metal detecting, but when I am not metal detecting along the beach.... I look for fossils & shark teeth. We have a couple of special beaches where we only look for shark's teeth......interesting that along the same river there are only special spots were shark's teeth can be found. Yesterday, Shannon, Tina, Sierra, Robert and I decided to spend the afternoon at our special spot. We don't sift for these but instead rely on our eye sight. We also find some interesting fossils but the shark's teeth are my fav. This is sorta a Family tradition that I started when I was teen growing up along the river and it has been passed down & I hope it will continue to future generations.... I believe it shall.
These are a few of the shark's teeth that I have found in the pass 2 weeks. The large one, I was lucky enough to find yesterday. It is the second largest that I have found in many years of hunting. The history and age of these teeth are very interesting. The large one is a Megalodon (approx. 24.5 million - 2 million yesrs ago).... the others I am still researching... some Tiger Sharks. Shannon & Tina have a very nice collection which is expanding. Sierra & Robert have a collection going of their own also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home