Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Whew... Yesterday

I found a lil tiny gray kitty here under the apartment building. He was crying & scared & all alone. It took Tina & I about 4 hours of crawling around the ground to finally befriend him with some food. Getting our hands on him was not easy for sure. We were so afraid that if he became too scared, he would dart out into the busy intersection. Finally, we got him into a carrier. Oh, he was so thin and so hungry. Both of us wanted to keep him. He was so cute & a beautiful smoky blue gray. We pondered with what to do for him. Finally, we decided to take him to Wendy.. She has a cat rescue. We wanted him to be vet checked out. It was not easy giving up the little guy, but I already have Salem & Hocus Pocus and Tina & Shannon have Nyla. This lil guy is about 7 weeks old and we were not sure how the other spoiled kitties would treat him..... also he could have been sick. So we drove him to Wendy's house. Goddess, Bless Wendy... She is remarkable. The home she provides for these kitties is like a Hilton Resort. She keeps & cares for 150 cats & kittens. Her place is awesome. Each kitty has a basket to sleep in... lots of cat condos & carpeted cat trees. They, each one live like Royalty. She gets them checked out by vets & feeds & cares for them beyond believe. She checked out the lil guy and said he seems healthy but near starving to death. She will take him to the Vets for a checkup. Her home is beautiful and everywhere you look... you see a kitty curled up and loving it. She does adopt out cats. Said she has found good homes for over 3,000 kitties in the past years. Oh, she has some very beautiful ones... all kinds & colors. Anyway, I was so impressed. I volunteered to help her with cleaning cat boxes, yard work and made a small donation. I am saving all my Diet Coke cans for her. Everyone that knows me... knows Diet Coke cans.. I sure can provide.. LOL !! All of the kitty have a place in her heart & they are so loved.

Salem had the pleasure of meeting his new Vet. Oh, I like him but Salem is not too fond of him. He is a nice Vet !! Well, me boy has ear mites... Vet said.. Oh, he did not get them in NJ.. he must be around some Va cats... LOL !! I said yeah, I have another cat that came him my apartment & I betya.. he is has them too & gave some to Salem. He said probably so !! I have to now treat Salem & HP. Salem is having allergy problems too... I have medicine to put in his eyes and we decided to keep him on his Predisone but uped the dosage.. he only needs to take them when his asthma flares up. He gets another visit in 2 weeks. He is not going to wanna go !!! Getting the drops in his ears & in his eyes, is no easy task !! He hates it !!

Sierra & Scooter were very very good last night. Hope they stay like this !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home