Sunday, June 24, 2007

Whew !!

Spend most of the week with helping my landlady get my apartment ready for me. Was a gruesome task !!! We decided to remove the wall paper from the kitchen & bathroom and just paint the walls white. I volunteered for the removal of wall paper. The kitchen was a breeze to do as it was more like contact paper... off in about an hour. The bathroom was a bitch to remove and there were layers of the stuff. The stuff was imbedded into the wall board in areas. I managed to get wall paper glue & dust into my right eye...... Oh, that really hurt and my eye swelled up but after a couple of days it was okay. It took me 4 days from 10 AM to 5PM removing the damn wall paper. It is painted white now but we are thinking about putting up a border.

The lady that used to lived there was in a huge hurry to leave town and pretty much left with just the clothes on her back. She left here via train. It was a mess... inside and outside the apartment. I was able to use some of the furniture but not all that much.

Showed Y the apartment yesterday....she loved it and is going to help me decorate. It will be both unusual and striking.. like Y said it will be a cultural experience when finished. I can maybe charge admission.... LOL !!!!

Y and I did our yard saling and visited the Opp Shop. I found some very nice curtains and a lamp. My apartment is totally furnished in yard sale & opp shop furnishing, etc. I love it !!! After we stopped by for Market Day on the Towne Greene. I found some scented oils for my burners.

This weekend has been very emotional here. Friday was Dominicks first birthday. It has been a year now and at times it gets no easier. We spent Friday afternoon with Dominick at his grave site. We had his birthday party. His lil space is so decorated. I sang a lil birthday tune to him.. and believe me my voice is hideous... It was Happy Birthday to you dear Dominick. Happy Birthday to you.... your Grandma belongs in a zoo but you still love me as I Love You !!

Okay... Off to suck up kitty litter !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home