Sunday, April 22, 2007

Morning

All is quiet here today. I am very annoyed with Hocus Pocus... and he is not a good kitty and today.. he is getting the cold shoulder.... some way.. the lil terror managed to get his paws thru a small feeding hole in the top of the lighted cover of my fish tank... I found an orange scale that he managed to scratch off one of my fish. The scale came off my beautiful and large Organda, Cobalt. I can see the injury near Cobalts fin. Hopefully he will heal with no infection setting in. My fish are very friendly and swim near the top & by the feeding hole when anyone approaches the tank. They are always begging for more food. I guess HP surprised them with his paw. I have now covered the hole up & I don't think HP can do this again. I thought I had trained HP to leave the fish alone but, I guess not.

Next week, Choctaw will get introduced into the pride. I hope Salem will accept him. He is very much like Salem... I hope he does not absorb HP's energy and remains more like Salem. Salem loves Shannon's lil female kitty, Nyla.... they are buds. He just tolerates with mostly ignoring HP. It should be interesting. No cat has nor ever will mean as much to me as my Salem does. I love them all but Salem is special.

Y and I did the yard sale route yesterday. There were many yard sales but we didn't find the fiddle. I did find an alarm clock that I now need.... a beautiful picture of a Cougar,my animal totem, and two pairs of Oakley sun glasses. I am now stocked up in sun glasses. I just can't go outside without them.. my eyes are very sensitive to sunlight.

Making plans for my yearly vacation to Ocean City, MD. in August. As always this will be my biggest Metal Detecting adventure. I plan on hunting 6-7 hours each evening/night and also the low tides of the morning. First, I need to chart out the Low Tide tables for the days. Hopefully, I can get in a few hunts before the people swarm the beach. I never hunt the beach when others are enjoying it.. it causes nothing but distractions and I consider it rude to swing a coil around someone's chair or blanket. I also hate when others have been hunting and dig holes and leave them unfilled back in. I see this alot.... I figure if I can take the time to dig the hole.... I can also take the time to fill it back before someone steps in and injures themselves. Just the polite and safe thing to do. First, I need to purchase a new Ocean Scoop... that will cost me about $200. Last year, I managed to destroy mine.

Tourist season starts here in May. I can't wait to take my detector out every evening. I hate the sand here as it is mostly pebbles...... used to be nice sand here many moons ago until the Town got cheap and started dumping in pea gravel. Now the sand has filtered thru and remains on the bottom of the river with leaving the beach with hardly a grain of sand. They really need to fix this as you can't walk bare foot easily on the peddles nor put down a blanket or beach towel to rest on. It is very uncomfortable. I do miss the soft sand on most of the NJ Ocean beaches !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are well and happy these days. HUG!

10:09 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

wow, he's gorgeous! Quite the little family you have going there! Ford, himself, is up to 17 lbs now, sigh. He's a bit heavy to be toteing around. Don't you just hate tourist season....they clog up the beach and make a mess! Sheesh. Sorry about your pebbley beach...blech. You will do well in Ocean City, I'm sure. I love Ocean City. do me a fave...go have some seafood at Phillips for me! I miss the east coast!

10:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home